Posts Tagged ‘postponed’
London – Wednesday, 30th March 2011
Graham Earl’s Belfast Show Postponed
Former WBU Lightweight World Champion, turned promoter, Graham Earl announced earlier today that this Saturday’s ‘Fists of Fury’ event, at the King’s Hall in Belfast, has been postponed,
The event, which was to be headlined by current WBU Lightweight World Champion Willie Limond versus Jay Morris, was intended to showcase many of the Belfast boxers Graham recently signed.
On making the announcement Graham said, “I’m really disapointed that we have had to postpone Fists of Fury, it had all the makings of being a really fantastic show.
It’s been one of those weeks, various circumstances conspired to put the show at risk early in the week, but when we started to get fighter injuries as well we couldn’t see any other option, but to postpone the show.
We’re disappointed for the fans, who had been showing their support and getting behind the local fighters. We’re disappointed for all the fighters that were going to take part, especially the lads that were going to be debuting.
We’re hoping to reschedule the show for later in the year, unfortunately it can’t be for a few months as we already have shows scheduled for the coming months.”
It is expected that Graham Earl will be announcing a revised date for Belfast in the near future. In the meantime Graham Earl Promotions next show will be at York Hall in London on Saturday 7th May 2011.
Graham Earl at York Hall, in London earlier this year
Gianluca (Rio) Di Caro
JustListen2This Publicity & Promotion
London, UK & Philadelphia, USA
Latest Boxing News in Brief – Monday 28th February for: Cotto Training Camp, Gesta Wants Luis Ramos Fight, Brähmer – Cleverly postponed, Francisco PalaciosTtraining Video, Will Mayweather Return To The Ring, Klitschko vs. Solis, Roy Jones Jr, Hopkins-Pascal, Jose Antonio Aguirre Retirement, Zab Judah vs. Kaizer Mabuza, Sunday Results
- Gesta wants Luis Ramos fight – After his impressive win over Genaro Trazancos last week in San Francisco, undefeated up and coming lightweight prospect Mercito “No Mercy” Gesta (21-0-1, 11KOs) is more than ready to step up the level of competition. Having to face the overmatched Trazancos twice in less than twelve months because of a lack of willing opponents, the southpaw Gesta has a couple of fighters in his sights who he hopes to face off in a ring in the near future.
- Zab Judah vs. Kaizer Mabuza – Ustream, the leader in live online video, and boxing promoter Main Events, today announced that together they will deliver the upcoming Zab Judah vs. Kaizer Mabuza International Boxing Federation (IBF) Jr. Welterweight title fight on Saturday, March 5th as a Premium Ustream PPV broadcast.
- Brähmer – Cleverly postponed – The clash between WBO light heavyweight champion Jürgen Brähmer and interim champ Nathan Cleverly set for April 2 in London could be postponed for undisclosed reasons according to figosport.de. The new date is said to be May 21. The possibility exists that Cleverly might still fight on April 2 with former cruiserweight Enzo Maccarinelli, who would move to light heavyweight.
- Francisco Palacios training video – By Przemek Garczarczyk and Legacy Boxing – On April 2 in Bydgoszcz, Poland, undefeated #1 rated cruiserweight Francisco “The Wizard” Palacios (20-0, 13 KOs) will challenge WBC titleholder Krzysztof “Diablo” Włodarczyk (44-2, 32 KO). “There is only reason Włodarczyk is fighting me – I’m a mandatory challenger, he just has no other choice” – said Palacios. “I’m getting better every minute of my training and will be unstoppable in the ring. Whatever he will try to do, he cannot be prepared for what I will bring – speed, power, agility, you name it, I have it. My training camp is going great and I’m ready to bring a cruiserweight title to Puerto Rico. I want to be as great as our boxing hero Carlos DeLeon.”
- Will Mayweather Return To The Ring In July – Making the rounds right now is a strong rumor that says Mayweather could well be fighting again in July, in South Africa. Web site Fight Hype.com broke the story, when Jeff Mayweather spoke to them and confirmed that his nephew is in talks with the daughter of the legendary Nelson Mandela. The giant political figure celebrates his 93rd birthday in July and there is the possibility that Mayweather will fight in South Africa, in a tribute to the iconic figure.
- Klitschko vs. Solis: will HBO pick up this fight – By Jason Kim: For the time being it’s looking like HBO won’t be picking up the March 19th fight between WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko and challenger Odlanier Solis in Germany. The fight will be shown by an obscure premium cable channel called EPIX. That’s a channel that’s not carried by Comcast, and it’s thus the Klitschko-Solis fight won’t be seen by many Americans unless HBO steps up and agrees to buy this fight to show to American boxing fans.
- According to speculation from the LA Times, WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez could be on the verge of leaving his promotional company Golden Boy Promotions to get a shot against Manny Pacquiao.However, Bob Arum, of Top Rank Promotions, is saying he doesn’t want to promote Marquez. But who knows? If Marquez leaves GBP, he would be a free agent like Shane Mosley, who recently went out on his own to get a big mega fight with Pacquiao on May 7th.
- IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko could be potentially pulling out of the Chisora fight for the second time to take a unification mega bout against WBA heavyweight champion David Haye on July 2nd.
- Roy Jones Jr. who’s next – According to the latest boxing news rumors floating around, 42-year-old Roy Jones Jr. (54-7, 40 KO’s) could be facing top cruiserweight contender Denis Lebedev (21-1, 16 KO’s) next.
- Hopkins-Pascal - By Dan Ambrose: Having failed to beat WBC light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal the first time around last December, 46-year-old Bernard Hopkins has been given another shot at trying to beat Pascal by the WBC, who ordered the rematch, and is making Chad Dawson wait a little while longer to get his rematch with Pascal. If Hopkins can’t do it this time, he needs to move on and look for some other fights because he blew it last time out by getting knocked down twice and having to settle for a draw.
- Jose Antonio Aguirre Announces Retirement – By Miguel Rivera – Junior flyweight contender José Antonio Aguirre (35-10, 21KOs), 35-years-old, has announced his retirement from boxing. Aguirre made a decision to leave the sport after failing to win the WBC championship from Gilberto Keb on Saturday in Yucatan, Mexico. Aguirre was stopped in nine rounds. He’s won only two of his last ten bouts since 2005. During the last few years, Aguirre has been plagued by shoulder problems and they continue to bother him. For many years he was one of the best boxers at 105-pounds as the WBC minimumweight champion. He was never able to adapt once moving up in weight to 108-pounds.
Inside the Cotto Training Camp – 2011
Vs. Ricardo Mayorga
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
WBA Super World light middleweight title
Sunday 27 February 2011
MagsaysayPark, Davao City, Philippines
Bantamweight – Glenn Porras def Richard Pumicpic by UD 12 / 12
Vacant Philippines Games & Amusement Board (GAB) bantamweight title
Sunday 27 February 2011
Heritage Hotel, Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Light welterweight – Dave Ryan def Leonard Lothian PTS 10 / 10
Vacant BBBofC Midlands Area light welterweight title