Posts Tagged ‘Boxing Commission’
Written by Malta Boxing Commission TUESDAY, 27 NOVEMBER
Eva Rolle, one of Europe’s most prominent boxing promoters is expected to become the new Vice President of the Malta Boxing Commission in the coming days. Ms Rolle will be in Malta in the next days to attend meetings of the local boxing commission and to outline and present her vision for the future. Recently Ms Rolle had resigned from her own promotions company and all official positions she held with a number of international title sanctioning bodies, thus allowing her to take on the role of VP to the Maltese boxing body without any conflict of interest.
Short Boxing Bio: Ms Rolle who hails from Germany is a successful boxing promoter – her son is boxer Robert Rolle “German Gladiator”http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=204021 her daughter in law owns the famous prime time promotions in Germany. Ms Rolle has done sterling work with the International Boxing Federation (IBF) she was instrumental and the catalyst for taking the prestigious IBF convention to Berlin for 2013 – she introduced female world championship boxing to the IBF and promoted the first 3 world female title bouts under the IBF, she was voted as the IBF’s top European Promoter for 2011 and more recently she was involved in the largest ever IBF title show in Berlin, with not less than five IBF titles bouts on the fight card. Ms Rolle has promoted a number of Boxing Showshttp://boxrec.com/list_shows.php?human_id=432076&cat=promoter
Ms Rolle’s – targets as the VP of the MBC are to attract to Malta international boxing conventions and big boxing promotions. She has already started negotiations to secure a large boxing promotion with world titles for boxing shows in Malta for the first and second quarter of 2013.
“I am very happy to be coming to Malta and becoming part of the Malta Boxing Commission and I look forward to involve my-self in Maltese boxing and spending time in Malta. My target is to introduce the IBF titles to the Maltese Islands and to strengthen ties with other title sanctioning bodies which the MBC is already affiliated with. I am strong person and fully aware of the hard challenges ahead of me” – Eva Rolle.
The President of the MBC Alexander Zammit said; “We are delighted to welcome on board Eva Rolle, her international experience and connections in the field of boxing and also her experience as a top bxoxing promoter are just what the MBC needs right now. Eva’s role will be crucial to the survival and flourishing of the Malta Boxing Commission”.
The new VP will be attending the first boxing show to be sanctioned by the Malta Boxing Commission in Malta – A Vaughan Boxing Promotion – which will include the first ever official Malta International Title. Clayton Vella (Malta) will take on Valentin Stoychev (Bulgaria) in the first ever 10×3 minute bout to be held in Malta.
Eva Rolle Videos
- Alyssa DeFazio was born in New Burgh New York 20 years ago. Her father was a New York Police officer who had to quit the force because of medical reasons. Her Uncle is a police officer and her cousin wears the uniform proudly as well. Assuming the apple wouldn’t fall too far from the tree there was a good chance Alyssa would grow up and become a police officer. At age 4, Alyssa and her family moved from the Empire state to Arizona eventually settling in Wittman a 1 gas station, 1 Subway town situated between Surprise and Wickenburgoff US Highway 60. According to Alyssa, she took up karate lessons shortly after moving to the Cactus State and added boxing to her self defense repertoire by the time she was 8. Her younger brother is an accomplished dirt bike racer.
- The Arizona State Boxing Commission office reports there are 6 licensed matchmakers working in Arizona.Mike Sanchez and Roger Woods are licensed to arrange boxing matches in Arizona. Sanchez, President of USA Boxing Arizona , also has a Matchmaker License in Nevada which permits him to match fights there.Asher Lutz, Cesar Ortiz Richard Reyes and John Petrilli are licensed MMA Matchmakers. Anyone wanting to become a matchmaker in the State of Arizona must fill out an application with the Arizona
- Mark your calendar for Saturday August 4 when popular and undefeated Arizona Light Welterweights Jose Benavidez and Javier Loya square off at the Texas Station Casino in Las Vegas on the under card action of the Diego Magdaleno (22-0) Vs. Antonio Davis (29-7) Junior Lightweight war. Light Heavyweight Mike Lee (9-0) is fighting some guy named TBA. Fight fans become a bit miffed when a card has holes going into the final days of the event. Despite that dilemma…drive to the venue or watch this one on Telefutura. Benavidez Jr (15-0) and Loya (7-0) is an interesting pairing . Benavidez, a Top Rank protege, is the pedigreed fighter in this match up while Loya is considered the mongrel that no promotional company wanted to sign. All he does is win. Jose is 20 and Javier is 25. On paper, Benavidez is favored but Javier is married and hungry. Both guys are class act and a compliment to their community. Each fighter deserve a bow for putting their undefeated records on the line. Jose trains at Central Gym in Phoenix while Javier has new digs at the Busted Knuckle Gym in North Phoenix…Go if you can spare the dime. Call the Casino for tickets.
- Parting shots: USA Boxing Arizona official and MCSO Boxing Trainer Walt Hoskins is home recovering an undisclosed illness. He is a prominent figure in Arizona boxing and everyone wishes him a speedy recovery. Chris Alvarado, an assistant to Walt, is working with 125 lb boxing standout Lupita Nevarez. Chris has a good eye for talent and he says she is the real deal…..Iron Boy Promotions has cancelled their August 11 Celebrity Theatre show in Phoenix. It will be rescheduled for November at the same venue. Rumors are circulationg that Iron Boy and Fan Base Promotions might collaborate on a future show but if it does happen…look for Jesus “El Martillo” Gonzales to headline if the rumor comes to fruition. Alan Kahn, speed bag expert, was at the irongloves gym in Tempe to talk about and demonstrate the power of the Speed Bag. He gave a demonstration at the 1996 Olympics.UNTIL NEXT TIME!
Boxing Title Fights Schedule – Weekend 28 to 30 October – In: Australia, France, Guyana, Italy, Mexico, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico, South, Korea, Tanzania, United States
All information provided could be incomplete and subject to change
- Friday 28 October – PalaRockfeller, Cagliari, Sardegna, Italy
Commission: Federazione Pugilistica Italiana
X12 flyweight – Moruti Mthalane vs Andrea Sarritzu - IBF flyweight title
10×2 super flyweight – Simona Galassi vs Nadege Szikora - Vacant IBF female super flyweight title
- Friday 28 October – Centro de Convenciones, Guayama, Puerto Rico
Commission: Puerto Rico Boxing Commission
X10 lightweight – Fernando Torres vs Abner Cotto - Vacant Puerto Rican lightweight title
- Friday 28 October – Sherwood Inn, Salinas, California, United States
Commission: California State Athletic Commission – Television: United States TeleFutura
X10 super featherweight – Eloy Perez vs Ira Terry – WBO NABO super featherweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Hervey Bay PCYC, Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Commission: Australian National Boxing Federation Queensland
X8 light welterweight – Todd Kidd vs Mick Shaw – Australia - Queensland State light welterweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Salle Cosec, Les Mureaux, Yvelines, France
X10 super bantamweight – Ali Hallab vs Bastien Rozeaux - France super bantamweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Thirst Park, Ruimveldt, Guyana
Commission: Guyana Boxing Board Of Control
X12 middleweight – Howard Eastman vs Edmund DeClou - Vacant Guyanese middleweight title
10×2 heavyweight – Gwendolyn O’Neil vs Pauline London - Vacant WIBA Women’s International Boxing Association heavyweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Palenque de la Feria, Colima, Colima, Mexico
Promoter: Hector Garcia (HG Boxing) – Television: Mexico Televisa
10×2 flyweight – Arely Mucino vs Ava Knight - IBF female flyweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Centro de Usos Multiples, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Promoter: Fernando Beltran (Promociones Zanfer) – Television: Mexico Azteca
X12 flyweight – Hernan Marquez vs Luis Concepcion - WBA World flyweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Deportivo del Sindicato del Metro , Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Promoter: Fausto Daniel Garcia (Boxeo de Gala) – Television: Mexico Cadena 3
X12 featherweight – Salvador Sanchez vs Jovanny Soto - WBC Caribbean Boxing Federation (CABOFE) featherweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Puerto Princesa Coliseum , Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, Philippines
Commission: Philippine Games & Amusements Board
X12 bantamweight – Dado Cabintoy vs Hiroki Shiino - Vacant WBC International bantamweight title
X10 super bantamweight – Jaderes Padua vs Manopnoi Singmanasak - Interim WBC Youth Intercontinental super bantamweight title
X10 light flyweight – Renan Trongco vs Sirisak Sitjarem - Vacant WBC Youth Intercontinental light flyweight title
X10 flyweight – Cris Paulino vs Danai Meendaeng - Vacant WBC Youth Intercontinental flyweight title
X10 super flyweight – Gabriel Altarejos vs Gawna Sorsirisak - Interim WBC Youth Intercontinental super flyweight title
X10 bantamweight – Vergel Nebran vs Petchunan Sithpandean - Interim WBC Youth Intercontinental bantamweight title
X10 super featherweight vs Jose Maxian vs Thepsamuthr Duanaay-Mukdahan - Interim WBC Youth Intercontinental super featherweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Coliseo Mario ‘Quijote’ Morales, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Commission: Puerto Rico Boxing Commission – Television: United States Direct TV
X10 super bantamweight – Wilfredo Vazquez Jr vs Roberto Carlos Leyva - Vacant WBO Inter-Continental super bantamweight title
X12 minimumweight – Ivan Calderon vs Felipe Rivas - Vacant WBO Latino minimumweight title
X10 light middleweight – Jorge Melendez vs Eric Mitchell - Vacant WBO Latino light middleweight title
X0 light welterweight – Javier Castro vs Javier Monserrate - Interim WBO Latino light welterweight title
10×2 light flyweight – Yesica Yolanda Bopp vs Suzannah Warner - WBO female light flyweight title
- Saturday 29 October – Las Trancas Hall, Maywood, California, United States
Commission: California State Athletic Commission
X10 lightweight – Pipino Cuevas Jr vs Andrey Klimov - Vacant WBC USNBC lightweight title
- Sunday 30 October – Chuncheon Highschool, Chuncheon, South Korea
Commission: Korea Boxing Commission
X10 flyweight – Joo-Hyun Jung vs Hak-Sun Choi - Vacant Korean flyweight title
- Sunday 30 October – Diamond Jubilee Hall, Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania
Commission: Pugilistic Syndicate of Tanzania
X10 flyweight – Juma Fundi vs Fadhili Majia - Vacant Tanzania, Pugilistic Syndicate of flyweight title
At a meeting on Monday, the Panamanian Boxing Commission declared matchmaker and boxing representative Sampson Lewkowicz an undesirable person and warned every promoter, manager or member of the Panamanian boxing community that the commission will not accept any reationship with him for one year.
According to a letter from Commission President Alberto Guerra to the WBA, WBC, WBO and IBF, Lewkowicz allegedly told the management of WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo Moreno that their contract with Moreno would be terminated by the Commission for going against the interests of boxing if Moreno did not sign a promotional agreement with Golden Boy by April 5. Guerra confirmed a conversation with Lewkowicz about the commission’s powers to terminate a contract, but he claims he informed Lewkowicz that this was not the case between Moreno and his manager Roberto Grimaldo. The commission later confirmed that Grimaldo’s deal with Moreno would be in force until 2016.